In a recent study done by comScore, a sample size of 5,800 consumers were surveyed on their online shopping experiences. The following may surprise you but the stats offer insight on how to improve your e-commerce business.
1. Call for mobile improvement! While studies have shown that mobile e commerce is on the rise, consumers feel that smartphones need to up their game. Online shoppers who shop on multiple devices prefer to use a desktop computer because of the larger and clearer images. Websites are also more clear and easier to navigate on desktops. When asked to compare a mobile site vs the full website, 41% of consumers preferred the full website.
2. Social Media matters. Social media is a way to connect to your consumers. It makes products easier to share and gives consumers an easy platform to review favorites. The largest platforms used by consumers today are Facebook (86%), Twitter (34%), google + (23%), Pinterest (21%), and Instagram (19%).
3. Omnichannel drives brand loyalty. Consumers expect and demand more cross-channel convenience. A retailer who optimizes every channel available to consumers are more likely to deliver a positive shopping experience which leads to more sales.
4. Delivery costs are a big factor in purchases. 58% of consumers have added more items into their shopping carts in order to qualify for free shipping. 83% will wait longer (average 2 days longer) for delivery if it’s free.
5. Step up your return policy game. 82% of consumers are more likely to buy an item if they are reassured that it is returnable (and with free return shipping).
If you have questions or comments, please leave a message below! We would love to hear from you.