The Changing Face of Mobile eCommerce.
Web enabled mobile devices are taking over; these days it seems that everyone, man woman and child, has a phone or a tablet permanently in-hand. The folks at KissMetrics wanted to see just how the pervasiveness and ubiquity of these technological marvels is affecting business and what we can expect for the future of mobile eCommerce.
- Mobile devices were the source of 20% of total web traffic in 2012.
- Experts predict mobile web devices will outnumber their traditional counterparts for the first time in 2012
Black Friday 2012 vs 2011
- 40% increase in the number of mobile sales
- 190% increase in payment volume
- 166% increase in the number of people shopping via mobile web device.