6 smart e-commerce lessons to boost local business
E-commerce and local search might seem to perform same functions in two completely different ways. E-commerce involves online transactions while a local search is associated with physical stores and offline purchases. As we all know for e-commerce business there is very little investment required as compared to buying physical stores so people go for it more often as compared to local search so it has become so crowded and the competition has become very tough. This has also dragged the attention of people towards local search those who have resources for it are actually going for local stores, for example, the massive e-commerce businesses like Amazon, eyewear, bonobos, Blue Nile and others are likewise opening retail stores. The reason behind all of this is online businesses have realized it is more beneficial if they add sales from retail stores with online stores. If you are already running an e-commerce business following are the tips for you which you can use to boost your offline business:
Tips for e-commerce
- Your online information must be accurate and up to date, it is best for you to update your online information timely as you have in store as a lot of customers visit website before coming to the store you don’t want to frustrate customer with wrong information, informing the customer with no information available is way better than that.
- Your website is also your storefront, local stores businesses must realize this their website will have more visitors as customers visit the website first. According to a survey, 58% of the consumers visit the website first.
- One of the hardest and most important things to do is provide the same reasonable prices to the customers and this is some kind of tricky business because we all know the online products are cheaper. It is very hard to balance the prices with retail stores.
- One research found that 63% of consumers research a product or service online 50% of the time before making a purchase at a store. So it is very important you provide all the information on your website including price, product quality and other relevant information.
- In retail stores customers can physically examine the product that is an advantage for local stores it is a fact that no matter how good is your e-commerce business or your website customer has no advantage of touch, smell and get an interactive experience with the product.
- Always pay attention to third-party listings. According to a survey, 37% customers visit an online store before purchase and 31% use online map.