E-Commerce System Administrator
The E-Commerce System Administrator is instrumental in building and managing complex information systems and IT infrastructure. This position will support the rest of the organization as well as require thought leadership to improve and innovate.
Who We Are Looking For in an E-Commerce System Administrator
- Have a strong understanding of the principles and concepts of computer networking and Internet technology.
- Extended experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP Professional (and later) Desktop and Windows Server operating system(s).
- The E-Commerce System Administrator should have ability to produce written documentation and perform technical evaluations.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow directions and established procedures.
- An interest in providing first-rate IT solutions and assistance.
- The E-Commerce System Administrator should hav e the desire to work in a team setting with an open mind and respect for alternative approaches.
Your Role as E-Commerce System Administrator
The selected candidate will be involved in the following activities:
- Develop IT strategies and solutions.
- The E-Commerce System Administrator will create implementation plans and setup and configure systems.
- Setup and manage heterogeneous distributed backup system.
- Large scale server cluster planning, setup and load testing and optimization.
- Troubleshoot and research solutions to optimize hardware and software bottlenecks.
- Setup and configuration of desktop computers in support of IT Desktop Management projects and activities.
- The E-Commerce System Administrator will also be involved in performance and load testing.
- Adjust and install computer equipment.
- Engineer dynamic fail-over system spanning multiople data centers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with desktop operating systems and application software.