E-Commerce Office Administrator/Personal Assistant
The typical day of an E-Commerce Office Administrator can involve a varied number of principal tasks, including:
- answering phone calls, receiving mail, keeping finances (Quickbooks), running errands
- paying bills, maintaining personal calendar, and organizing personal files
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- E-Commerce Office Administrator will be involved in organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
- E-Commerce Office Administrator will be involved in liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
All applicants should have the following:
- Valid drivers license.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience as an E-Commerce Office Administrator. Experience managing household finances (budgets) and a family with children will be considered as equivalent.
- Excellent facility with basic arithmetic (percentages, long division, Excel formulas for doing sums, averages, percentages, budget spreadsheets)
- College degree. However, the emphasis is on practical, not theoretical accomplishments. This is the wrong job for someone who wants to write a novel or pursue a PhD. This is the right job for someone who likes to organize, get lots of little tasks done, deal with many different situations simultaneously.
- Candidates for the E-Commerce Office Administrator should excel in high stress situations, be able to handle multiple projects at the same time, anticipate what needs to be done next.
- Like dogs (and children)
Please do NOT apply if you are interested in the following:
- getting an MBA
- learning about design or other aspects of an agency.
Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
Career Track: Opportunity to move into HR, Office Management or other positions