July 18th, 2014
Category:E-Commerce, eCommerce Fun | Posted By on July 18th, 2014
It’s been known throughout the centuries that men and women have different interests. However, merchants are still not putting that knowledge to use in their marketing strategies. In several studies, we have found that one huge mistake that many merchants are making is that they market products the same way to men and women. From shopping habits to the type of products, it’s important to keep in mind these gender differences to optimize sales. Check out the info graph below to learn more about the e-commerce battle of the sexes.
Please let us know in the comments below what you think!
July 17th, 2014
Category:E-Commerce, eCommerce Fun | Posted By on July 17th, 2014
Groupon and LivingSocial are pretty similar in what they do. They offer consumers flash deals in everything from eyelash extensions to iphone speakers. However, with so many deals that are flying around, how do you really know if you’re getting the most for your money? We have put together a very brief comparison between Groupon and LivingSocial so that merchants and shoppers can see what the difference really is.
For Merchants: Groupon has a bigger audience than Livingsocial.
For Shoppers: Groupon offers the best deals in terms of discounts. Research has shown that groupon discounts are typically from 50-80% off, while livingsocial rarely offers discounts above 50%. Groupon also updates their website more often and offers more deals per day.
For Merchants: Living social has better customer service. LivingSocial doesn’t just rush out a deal, they take into consideration trends and seasons to optimize each sale.
For Shoppers: Better quality? Some consumers argue that since Livingsocial offer less deals that they are more selective about their merchants. While only consumers can attest to this, it is a worthy point to consider.
While it seems that Livingsocial is currently a better space for merchants while Groupon is a better place for shoppers, perhaps both companies can take time to learn from each other.
Which one do you prefer? Groupon or Livingsocial? Let us know below.
July 16th, 2014
Category:E-Commerce | Posted By on July 16th, 2014
In a recent study done by comScore, a sample size of 5,800 consumers were surveyed on their online shopping experiences. The following may surprise you but the stats offer insight on how to improve your e-commerce business.
1. Call for mobile improvement! While studies have shown that mobile e commerce is on the rise, consumers feel that smartphones need to up their game. Online shoppers who shop on multiple devices prefer to use a desktop computer because of the larger and clearer images. Websites are also more clear and easier to navigate on desktops. When asked to compare a mobile site vs the full website, 41% of consumers preferred the full website.
2. Social Media matters. Social media is a way to connect to your consumers. It makes products easier to share and gives consumers an easy platform to review favorites. The largest platforms used by consumers today are Facebook (86%), Twitter (34%), google + (23%), Pinterest (21%), and Instagram (19%).
3. Omnichannel drives brand loyalty. Consumers expect and demand more cross-channel convenience. A retailer who optimizes every channel available to consumers are more likely to deliver a positive shopping experience which leads to more sales.
4. Delivery costs are a big factor in purchases. 58% of consumers have added more items into their shopping carts in order to qualify for free shipping. 83% will wait longer (average 2 days longer) for delivery if it’s free.
5. Step up your return policy game. 82% of consumers are more likely to buy an item if they are reassured that it is returnable (and with free return shipping).
If you have questions or comments, please leave a message below! We would love to hear from you.
July 15th, 2014
Category:E-Commerce, eCommerce Fun | Posted By on July 15th, 2014
Instagram isn’t just a place for foodies and selfies anymore. More and more businesses are turning to Instagram as a place to showcase products, build brands and relationships, and ultimately increase sales.
Instagram is a unique platform that allows businesses to show their personality on stage and behind the scenes. Here are three reasons why Hara Partners loves Instagram!
1. Visuals. As more products and websites flood the internet, there simply isn’t a desire to read long paragraphs. The easy and fun layout is eye-catching and easy to browse. Instagram also doesn’t have a set algorithm to gauge what people see. Therefore, everything you post will be shown and it will stay in your gallery and archives.
On the merchant side, it is also easy to create and upload images, making visual marketing and branding fun and simple.
Hara Partners Instagram
2. Facebook is reaching its decline. According to webmarketingtoday.com, a business’s content reach on Facebook has fallen 50%. A study done in March this year shows that the organic reach for brands on Facebook hover between 2 and 6%. This ongoing decline is driving away businesses and causing them to look for alternative ways to market their products via social media.
Hara Partners Facebook
3. Instagram is the largest growing social media platform. Recently, it has surpassed over 200 million monthly users, 20 billion photos shared over the course of its lifetime, and an average of 60 million photos shared daily.
Follow us here! (we have puppies)
If you have questions or comments on Instagram e-commerce, please comment below. We would love to hear from you!