Magento vs. Marketpress vs. Shopify
E-commerce is becoming an easier more effective way of conducting business online than ever before. For the most part, three platforms that we use to build e-commerce websites are Magento, Shopify and the WordPress plugin Marketpress. Factors including the design, payment methods, and the goal of your website will determine which platform is best for you.
Magento is an e-commerce platform built on open-source technology that provides online merchants with a new way to flexibly control the look and improve the functionality of their e-commerce store. Magento’s intuitive administration interface provides powerful features that enhance marketing, search engine optimization and catalog-management tools to allow merchants to create sites that are designed to their specific business needs. Magento is backed by Varien’s support network and offers business the best e-commerce solution.
Magento’s general feature list:
- Marketing, Promotions and Conversion Tools
- Site Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Catalog Management
- Checkout, Payment and Shipping
- Catalog Browsing
- Product Browsing
- Order management
- Customer Accounts
- Customer Service
- International Support
- Mobile Commerce
- Analytics and Reporting
Marketpress is easy to use and the most powerful plugin up to date. Marketpress has all of the features you need including:
- Multiple payment gateways (including PayPal, Authorize.net, Google checkout, 2checkout, Moneybookers, eWay, Cubepoints and more)
- Works great with any WordPress theme
- Fully internationalized by the WPML crew
- Easily sell real objects or digital downloads
- Analytics E-commerce tracking
- Sale pricing
- Unlimited product variations etc.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that includes an array of intuitive customization features that gives merchants the opportunity to create/design their website. Shopify is a user friendly e-commerce platform. Add products, modify your theme and maintain web pages for blogs. Shopify offers flexibility. Simply choose a free theme or use html and css to customize your own.
Some features include but are not limited to:
- Design – a customizable site set up and in succession within minutes.
- CMS product management – easily add, edit, organize, and list products.
- Orders – new order notifications sent directly to your email and to your mobile phone.
- E-commerce Marketing – XML sitemap is automatically generated for indexing in the search engine.